Back in July, on what would've been his 56th birthday, Chris Cornell's a previously unreleased cover of Guns N' Roses' "Patience" was released ... and now it's been revealed turns out there were more unreleased covers Chris had recorded - , they will be released on a new album, No One Sings Like You Anymore, set to be released March 19, 2021 (pre-order HERE).
Vicky Cornell Chris Cornell's widow, had this to say about the album -
"This album is so special because it is a complete work of art that Chris created from start to finish. His choice of covers provides a personal look into his favorite artists and the songs that touched him. He couldn't wait to release it. This moment is bittersweet because he should be here doing it himself, but it is with both heartache and joy that we share this special album. All of us could use his voice to help heal and lift us this year, especially during the holiday season. I am so proud of him and this stunning record, which to me illustrates why he will always be beloved, honored, and one the greatest voices of our time."
Chris Cornell - Watching The Wheels (John Lennon Cover)
Cornell's daughter Toni said :
"When my dad was making this album, it was so fun - I remember waking up in the morning, having breakfast with him and going with him into the studio. We would take our piano lessons there, and Christopher would play video games with Brendan and my dad. We got to experience so much with him and have so many amazing memories. I'm really happy to be sharing this album. We love you, daddy,"
No One Sings Like You Anymore Tracklisting
1. Get It While You Can (Janis Joplin cover)
2. Jump Into The Fire (Harry Nilsson cover)
3. Sad Sad City (Ghostland Observatory cover)
4. Patience (Guns N' Roses cover)
5. Nothing Compares 2 U (Prince cover)
6. Watching The Wheels (John Lennon cover)
7. You Don't Know Nothing About Love (Carl Hall cover)
8. Showdown (Electric Light Orchestra cover)
9. To Be Treated Rite (Terry Reid cover)
10. Stay With Me Baby (Lorraine Ellison cover)
You can stream the full album HERE